Thursday, February 21, 2013

Mark's super secret project


The first of four corner shelves for the more decorative items
I did manage to get the other three shelves installed last night, the electric drill crapped out on my so I had to do it by hand.  Ugh, hard work I tell you.  It looks great now though and there's a lot more usable storage space in the open cabinet now.  Plus, originally there was a corner piece mounted to the floor right below where I installed the shelves, this is a nod to the original.
new curtains in progress
I've still got to actually hem these so they can be hung instead of draped over the rod.  I love the look of it though.
new curtains
A huge improvement!  I'll be getting a cornice to go over the window eventually, but for now this is fine.
started painting the inside of the cabinets
All the cabinets and drawers will be pained inside, just like this.  It's much brighter and easier to clean now.
self adhesive floor tiles to line the shelves
I'm planning to do this with the other lower cabinets too.  It'll be easier to clean up and the paint won't get scratched up.  Hopefully they will adhere better on the other shelves, the one under the sink was really warped and nasty so things weren't sticking properly.  I'll settle for it as it is for now though.

I still have quite a bit to do before he gets home.  I need to finish the curtains, get a few spring loaded tension rods and a bit more fabric, more floor tiles, and get painting on the drawers and cabinets.  It's going to be so much cleaner and organized when I'm done!

No comments:

Post a Comment