Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Master bedroom

This is the front bedroom on the floor plans and based on our use I'm calling it the master bedroom.  It is slightly larger than the other room and has a double closet.  It started out with a lot of problems, some of which I still have not addressed.  The plaster is still cracked and I should really just replace the walls, but "round 1" of the house clean-up was to make it livable.

primer is up and starting to hid the nasty mess that was there before


a freshly painted ceiling that no longer has stains on it

first wall done

and now to fight the mold

ugh mold
Then some time went by and I got new curtains, rehung them properly, changed out the comforter for the one we got as a wedding gift, added matching throw pillows, made a few trips to IKEA to get new furniture that matched and Voila!
Mark's new dresser

new bedding is always so nice

natural lighting

curtains for the closet

just missing a headboard now

yeah! both the nightstands match now

2 comments:

  1. I love the Blue color!

    My husband and I recently purchased a 'Mid Century Ranch' as well- and it's definitely a work in progress! I'm loving your use of color- the green in the living room looks great too :)

    Keep up the wonderful work with your house- I am going to bookmark you on my website so that I can keep checking back to see how your house is coming along!

    Stay Glamorous!

    xxxAmber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! We should definitely exchange pictures. I love seeing what people do with these cute little houses.

      Delete