Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Back on the wagon

 So here's where we are.  I've taken a nice little mini-vacation from my vacation.  Been hard to get motivated, but that's going to change.  I really need to get cracking on this since there's a ton of stuff to finish outside before the weather gets damp.
The bottom half of the unit is done, aside from the kickboard.  The top half facing has one coat of paint.
As you can see, it's a huge difference and makes the room quite nice now.

Got another spot to do some patch/paint on as well as one more coat on the door.

The same spot needs to be finished and the skirting for the sink needs to be attached.

I did finally get the last window on this side painted and the screen reattached.

Started making some progress on here.  The most notable thing would be the almost invisible pipes.

So much better with the pipes painted to match the siding.
Since I'm still off this week and next week, I'm going to take advantage of the time.  I have a huge list of things to do and while I have enjoyed hiding in the 9th century doing family history stuff, I need to get to work on my own castle.

The list of DOOM
  • Paint the side of the house up to the kitchen window.
  • Paint the kitchen window and screen
  • Finish last bits of drywall patching
  • Finish painting the walls in laundry room
  • Finish painting the trim in laundry room
  • Finish cabinet unit thingy
  • Paint laundry room ceiling
  • Organize the shelves with smaller boxes from garage
  • Curtains for laundry room
  • Curtains for extra bedroom
  • Figure out what to do about the basement stair's cover
  • "Fix" the cracked tiles with more caulking
  • Call Derrick to arrange to have sections that can't be caulked patched with wood.
  • See if Derrick can fix the lawn mower
  • Finalize the budget for October
  • Patch holes in the patio
  • Buy a new lock for back door
  • Finish the gigantic pile of mending I have in the other room

No comments:

Post a Comment